Intervention America is a Drug Rehab Directory of treatment center. If you think someone you care about is using drug, don't just sit around and wait! Search our drug rehab directory and get help now! We have a list of over 20,000 drug rehab centers, substance abuse centers, and hospitals that specialize in Alcohol treatment.
Click on the State to find Adult Drug Rehabs, Inpatient, Outpatient, and Alcohol Detox Services
If you need help finding a drug rehab in your area please feel free to contact us by email or phone and we can do a more detailed search for you.
We also have substance abuse educational material for your benefit about alcohol treatment and drug rehabs. Please feel free to download the educational material from this web site. Read it and share it with others. You might be saving a life.
If you need further assistance please contact us for some free resources and assistance in finding help a center near you.
At Intervention America our research shows that you can't use drugs or medications to solve the problems caused by drugs. We do support any drug rehab that does use nutrition and nutritional supplements as an important component of its delivery in addition with a solid 12 step recovery approach.
People abuse substances drugs like alcohol, meth, cocaine, and oxycontin for complicated reasons, but no matter what the reason it is clear that our society pays a price. The toll for this abuse can be seen in our prisons and state hospitals throughout the United States. Drug addiction can also be seen by direct damage to health by substance abuse and its link to physical trauma. Over crowded jails and prisons are the biggest indicator of the strong connection between crime and drug dependence and abuse. Although use of some drugs such as cocaine has declined, use of other drugs such as heroin and "club drugs" and methamphetamine or "meth" has increased.
- Finding effective drug treatment for and prevention of substance abuse can be found here. Through our research , we now have a better understanding of addictive behavior. Our studies have made it clear that drug education and prevention designed for children and presented to adolescents offers the best chance at preventing drug abuse nationally.
- The 1996 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse estimated the number of users of illicit drugs in the United States to be about 22 million. In addition, the survey estimated that 10% of Americans abuse or are dependent on alcohol.
Friends and family may be among the first to recognize the signs of substance abuse. Early recognition increases chances for successful treatment. Signs to watch for include the following:
- Giving up past activities such as sports, homework, or hanging out with new friends
- Aggressiveness and irritability
- Disappearing money or valuables
- Feeling rundown, hopeless, depressed, or even suicidal
- Sounding selfish and not caring about others
- Use of room deodorizers and incense
- Paraphernalia such as baggies, small boxes, pipes, and rolling paper
- Getting drunk or high on drugs on a regular basis
- Lying, particularly about how much alcohol or other drugs he or she is using
- Avoiding friends or family in order to get drunk or high
- Planning drinking in advance, hiding alcohol, drinking or using other drugs alone
- Having to drink more to get the same high
- Believing that in order to have fun you need to drink or use other drugs
- Frequent hangovers
- Pressuring others to drink or use other drugs
- Taking risks, including sexual risks
- Having "blackouts"—forgetting what he or she did the night before
- Constantly talking about drinking or using other drugs
- Getting in trouble with the law
- Drinking and driving
- Suspension from school or work for an alcohol or drug-related incident
If you think someone you care about is using drug, don't wait! There is no safe amount when it comes to abusing drugs. The longer you wait the higher the risk. Please feel free to download the educational material from our this web site. Read it and share it with others. You might be saving a life.